terça-feira, 25 de outubro de 2011

Vietnam


Hi!

I know I promissed I would post here more often... but lots of things happened lately and I've been busy. I'll try to write more often to keep you posted or at least to help me thinking things through.

Since I arrived from Brazil (it's strange to write Brazil with a "z"... we, portuguese people, write it with an "s") I focused on spending as much time as I can with friends.
I made some camping trips, and had lots of fun. It's been great to feel that I have great roots, great friends and family here in my hometown and its surroundings.
I'll never feel lost or alone because I know that I have this safe place to come back if anything goes wrong in my life.


So, about my future.
I'm going to Vietnam next week (dunno the exact day yet, but I'll know soon).

I've been recruited by Logoplaste (the company where I made my Traineeship in Brasil) to be part of the COO International Team... and the description of my position is "Project Assistant".

Talking about work is not very interesting, but for those who wonder about what the hell am I going to do there, I'll describe my tasks in 1 or 2 sentences:

- I'll be a member of a team who sets up new factories for the Logoplaste Group. We are responsible for the start up of the factory and we have to organize maintenance, implement the informatical services, bla bla bla;

- I'll be there around 12 months and when the job is finished, I'll develop the same kind of work in another place, another country, another continent... if I was a Christian I would say "god knows where". It canbe Portugal, or it canbe anywhere else in the world. That means that while I am in this position, I won't have a home, if you know what I mean.


I'm excited and happy for having this opportunity. It could be a big step on my career despite my lack of interest on a big career. It's not my goal to become reach or powerfull - I want to be this old grandfather with nice stories to tell.
I'm happy for this job because it will provide me the opportunity to see the world while I'm working... this way I'll be able to be completely independent and continue travelling, communicating with different cultures and, hopefully, grow as a human being.

We can't have everything, so there are some negative aspects too. It'll be hard to connect in a more profound way with friends, etc... but it's the price I need to pay for my big curiosity about the world. I would never forgive myself if I wouldn't have the guts to take this chance.

I'll leave my country and my people with a lump in my throat, I'll miss many things and many people... and I'll have to deal with the idea that I may be getting away from the thing I want the most in my life...
But life won't end tomorrow, right? I prefer to believe that some storiess are just waiting to happen, and it could be now, or next year.

I could write more about what's going in my head right now, but I'd sound like a crazy, confused man : )

I'll take all of you with me to Vietnam, even if its just in my head.

Kisses and Hugs,
André Lima

2 comentários:

Saara disse...

Wow, that sounds so interesting! That's a wonderful opportunity. And for sure Vietnam is interesting place to live. Remember, that you have to live your life as it feels good for you. I know you know.

And y by the way, you don't sound like crazy and confused man, I think you just sound like you; philosophical and indepht.

Remember to keep us posted. Take care André <3

filipapinho disse...

seu pulha felizardo!
ainda bem que vim aqui, que dá gosto ler.

cenas fixes, coisas boas, e até breve. *